Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the first impression that guests have when coming into your Roanoke home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are willing to enhance your home’s curb appeal or that you are just ready for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and involve a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to consider before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the use of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring an entire look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery about a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can draw attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other unpleasant aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can receive a major facelift.
Welcome guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a lasting first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Roanoke, give them a call at 540-466-1918 or arrange an appointment online to discuss all the choices for getting replacement doors to improve the look of your home.