Winters in Roanoke come with a lot of weather changes: colder temperatures, wetter environments and overcast skies. One of the best ways to warm up the look of your home during this sometimes dreary time of year is by adding a wooden replacement door. The detailed wood doors from Pella Windows and Doors are fashioned to complement your home and insert warmth to your entryway. Each Pella of Roanoke collection provides a different style for your Roanoke home:
- Traditional: The Traditional Collection features unique glass designs and detailed wood panels for a timeless look.
- Craftsman: The Craftsman Collection offers simple, symmetrical detailing with a steadfast make.
- Classic: The Classic Collection adds elegance and charm to a home with a historic feel, decorative designs, beveled glass and true divided-light grilles.
- Old World European: The Old World European Collection takes guests back in time when they arrive at your home. Textured glass and decorative iron accents add grandeur and character to your entryway.
Now that have more information on the types of wooden doors available to you from Pella Windows and Doors, how do know if a wooden door is appropriate for your house? There are several advantages to wood replacement doors besides their style and warmth. Here are additional factors you should discuss:
- Because the doors are made of wood, they are easier to customize. Door panels, molding and any other customized features can easily be crafted into wood to make your front door your own. You can also showcase your wood’s natural grain with stain.
- Depending on the environment, wood replacement doors and windows can be a long-lasting, durable product. Wood doors typically require an overhang, so you will want to take that into consideration for your replacement project. That means that wood doors might help increase your home’s energy efficiency, and even decrease noise from the outdoors.
- Because wood is a natural material that can be shaped in a variety of ways, wooden doors can be custom made to fit almost any size of doorway. And it isn’t difficult to insert glass windows or pieces into a custom door for more light.
- According to Consumer Reports, wood is one of the best door materials for resisting wear and tear. Wood doors are less likely to dent and scratch and are easier to repair. However, to keep the wood doors looking their best, they require ongoing painting or varnishing on a regular basis.
The entryway is the central point of any home. If you are wanting an inviting upgrade this winter, or just want to try out a more unique look for your home, talk to our Pella Windows and Doors professionals about wood replacement doors. Stop by our Roanoke showroom or book an appointment with us online.