Winter weather is just around the corner in Roanoke and when the temperature gets colder, the energy costs can often surge. There are several things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial regardless of the season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Roanoke winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can trickle in and affect your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella of Roanoke team a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to sneak into your home. Consult with a professional to fix these issues before the winter hits Roanoke.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Roanoke a call at 540-466-1918 or visit our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.