Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a great way to enhance the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Remember these do’s and don’ts to create the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that matches your needs and the needs of your household. What is the purpose of your space? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most critical things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen functioning efficiently for many years.
- Forget to consider the budget! Stay on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget about windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they let light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 540-466-1918, visit our Roanoke showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.