Fall is just around the corner in Roanoke, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the best time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a big impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to ponder when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are many ways to make levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Roanoke a call at 540-466-1918 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!