When you get the memo that you will be hosting the family holidays this year in Roanoke, you might feel more than a little stressed. As a million questions run through your mind and the unknown of how you’ll get everything done emerges, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
Whether you are having five or 50 relatives over for the holidays, these tips will help ensure your celebrations are safe and enjoyable for all—even you, the host!
- A storage-packed island will give you maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. Keeping things organized will give you the space you need to prepare food and visit with family. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies makes clean up simple so you have more time for the good stuff.
- The holidays are a wonderful time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. It’s common for families to gather around the fireplace, and having yours well decorated will make for a festive and inviting space. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch abound.
- Now is a great time to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Roanoke to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and jolly holiday.
- The winter months are the perfect time to add a little life to your décor. Through the brisk season in Roanoke, you might struggle to find vibrant colors besides your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need more chairs around your table or you want a dedicated area for the kids to eat, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about comfy places to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Everyone knows holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food rivals the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Roanoke every year. If you don’t like cooking, put your effort into searching for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- This time of year is a perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. It’s easy to be forgetful, especially during busy holidays. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may not get much use throughout the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you’re gearing toward elegant or festive, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows you have endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. You can add tables, chairs or even a bench with extra storage. Make a perfect spot to reflect on your holidays and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate after a successful celebration.
- Last, no matter how many projects you decide to tackle before the holidays, only do what you can and still make time with your loved ones. Use your skills to create a humble abode for all. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Roanoke than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more ideas about how to make your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, stop in to see our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Roanoke showroom or call us at 540-466-1918.